The test base was renovated between October 1948 and November 1949. During that time a water treatment plant was built approximately 5 miles south of the base to process water withdrawn from the Trifolium Extension irrigation canal.
The water treatment facility site consisted of one building and a power generator to run the water treatment systems. The plant was abandoned due to extensive damage from hurricanes during 1976 and 1977. The fuel tank was removed as part of the base cleanup project in 1993. The buildings remained until at least 1997 but have since been demolished.